blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 23 February 2013

My First Sketch Challenge


I used Distress Markers to colour my Image from The Greeting Farm set Later Sk8er. I used Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Tattered Rose, Barn Door, Fired Brick and finally Faded Jeans. I scribbled them on my Ranger Craft Sheet and used the Tim Holtz Waterbrush to paint colour my image. Then I used Distress inks in peeled paint, forest moss, tumbled glass and broken china to create a borer around the card with my ink blending tool. Note to self . . .  Clean the mat before changing colours . . . I have a greenish sky!


I am trying to make this card for a challenge that finishes in a few hours . . . Nothing like a last minute try haha. Having fun trying to pick papers as I went for a boy card and most of my stuff is girly lol. Hmm wonder where my black and white KaiserCraft paper stack is. I could colour some of them to match :) Or leave it plain lol.



I am blogging as I go, can you tell? Lol. And darn it have lost a sentiment stamp amidst my chaos! A Ha! it fell in my tool bag lol. I have used Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Squares to make all my mats for the squares, the rectangles I cut myself. I have been making this card for hours lol. I am using green too, which is not a colour I usually rush to.


I don't have a pair of label dies that were small enough for this project so I paired a Lifestyle Crafts die (top) with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Mover and Shaper Label (bottom). The dies don't match perfectly but they still look good together. They are still a bit larger than I wanted so I am going to use foam tape on the image so I can tuck the labels under it a little.


I worked out where I wanted the sentiment in relation to the image and made a mark with a random marker so I could realign it once I had the double sided tape on.



The stamp set came with a star as well so I am going to add a few stars on two of the corners. All the stamping has been done with Ranger Archival in Jet Black. I used the Tonic Tim Holtz edge distresser on all the dark green mats. The cardstock used is from Bazzil.


This is the first time I have followed a sketch so I have stuck as close as possible for my first time.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am entering this at;
One Stop Craft Challenge - Sketch
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  - Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Challenge - For the Kids

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I like the image, the colours and the stars.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and thank you so much for using my sketch and to play with us in OneStopCraftChallenge!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous card. Love the beautiful layers and cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete