blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Simon Says White On White


I decided to try my hand at this challenge on the Simon Says Blog. It's not as easy as it sounds and my card so did not come out as I had envisioned it lol . . . I wanted it to have pretty 3d butterflies and things for example lol.

I grabbed some different cardstocks to use and set to work. I used plain white as my base (9" x 4.5"), I then cut a 4.5" frame using my ecraft out of pearl cs and put the frame aside for another time and used the middle bit lol. Next I used a Lifestyle Crafts Doily Die to cut a doily out of white glitter cs from an American Crafts Christmas Glitter stack. I then used the pearl again to cut a Nesting Circle Doily, followed by an acetate Nesting Circle. I also cut four butterfly corners for the Corners It Kit.



I adhered the first pearl cs to my square base with tape and then glued the butterfly corners down with Matte Multi Medium. I then glued the doily on. Onto my acetate circle I stamped a Fiskars Wishes All Around Best Wishes stamp (had to do it a few times as I kept lining in up wrong ;) lol). I then hid some foam squares I had cut in half under the stamped scallops and adhered it to my small nesting lace doily. I used more foam tape and adhered it to my card and it was done.


That didn't stop me from trying to add some butterflies though lol . . .  They just wouldn't work for me :(. I have some leftover pieces from this card so maybe I will try again but add a different shape for the greeting. I do love the shadow the greeting gives onto the white though :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

I am entering this at:
Simon Says Stamp - White on White
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes 
Love To Create - All That Glitters
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. A very beautiful and elegant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is grgeous, I love white on white. Thanks for visiting me, Ihave candy if you are interested. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation.

    Thanks for joining in at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge!! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina LTC Team

    ReplyDelete

  5. grate card love it,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete