Sunday, 24 February 2013
Getting Into This Challenge Thing!
I have a few challenges I am interested in doing at the moment so I am actively going to combine a few. One is two squares, a circle, a sentiment and ribbon, another is ribbon and buttons (lets see of I can pull that off) and another is embossing on embossing type of thing.
First up I have coloured a chipboard frame in Magenta Hue Archival and its inner piece in French Ultramarine Archival. I then covered them in Perfect Medium and UTEE. I heated them up and while still hot tossed more utee on top to give three layers in total and a nice smooth surface.Then I took Versamark and inked up some stamps from Stampendous called Butterfly Beauties and with the inner piece replaced in the frame I stamped across both pieces. I used Hampton Arts embossing powder from the pastel pack in plain pink and blue.
I chose three co-ordinating papers from the DCWV French Country stack. With my Ecraft I cut a doily svg that I got for free from somewhere. Unfortunately I have lost the link back to the website :( With my bug and a Lifestyle Craft Nesting Rounded Squares I cut the 2nd biggest one from a different paper.
With the third paper I cut small pieces to go behind some tearing I did on the square piece. I ripped two small lines on opposite sides of the paper and used a water brush to soften the paper in that area to make it easier to bend back. I then used another co-ordinating paper behind the tears.
Buttons buttons . . . I have a couple hundred but do you think I can find some to match what I have lol. Maybe I should have started with buttons lol. Anyway I found one and here it is in situ lol.
I made a flower by gluing the dcwv papers to grungepaper and cutting the second biggest flower from Tim Holtz' Tattered Florals Sizzix die. In hindsight I should have just used the papers as they are quit thick on their own. I then used one whole flower, one with one petal removed and one with two removed. I used the two petals off the last flower to make the centre. I was going to use a button but it just wouldn't work lol. I edged the flower petals with tumbled glass and warn lipstick using the ink blending tool to get a softer look.
Now I am on the hunt for ribbon and a cute tag as well as a sentiment. Getting close to the wire now lol. Challenge ends in 3.5hrs. Gettin sleepy but I will win!!! I found a tag I got from SVG Cuts and used some scraps from the card to cut the two layers in my ecraft and then inked their edges. I used some ribbon from Martha Stewart in the top layers hole. I am going to adhere them together with foam tape so the base sits under my chipboard frame.
Next the fun bit, working out where everything goes lol. I used triple foam tape behind the centre square of my frame and glossy on the ribbons, button and flower. Double sided tape for everything else.
I am entering this at:
Make My Monday - Ribbons and Buttons
Technique Time Tuesday - Embedded Image
Trimmies Craft Challenge Blog - Two squares, a circle, a sentiment and ribbon
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Mothers Day/Female