Saturday, 25 May 2013

Mini Doliy Die Flower Card with Sweet Treats

 Hi everyone. Thanks to all my new followers for following me :) Sorry I have been so quiet lately lol. We had a visitor from England for a couple of weeks so things have been a little bit hectic! Anyway here is this fortnights DT entry for Eclectic Ellapu. This week I am using KaiserCrafts Sweet Treats 12" stack. Here you can see the papers my helper, miss 9, and I decided to use although we did change one at a later point lol. In the upper right corner you can see the Mini Doily Dies from Lifestyle Crafts that we used.
 To make our flowers for this card we used my new toy the Ebosser to cut five of each of the three different mini dies we had chosen. Miss 9 thought using the Ebosser was lots of fun and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread lol. She also helped to pop all the little bits out of the dies :)
 As you can see I then put her to work colouring the Mini Doily Dies with Picked Raspberries Distress stain. She coloured the edges on the front side and as the paper is white on the back we then flipped them over and coloured a fair bit of the back as well so that when we folded the flowers we would see pink instead of white (we didn't colour the back of one as this would be the base of our flower).
Miss 9 attempted to do some folding but she bailed out very quickly... Too boring for her lol. To fold the flowers I folded them in half, being careful to try and match up the scallops, and then folded them in half again. For each flower I made four of these. I then inked the edges of the folded petals as you can see below.
This was the hard bit! Figuring out which way to place my "petals" so no two opened right next to each other lol. My Glues are MIA so I added some double sided tape to my base mini doily die cuts and then carefully lined up my folded pieces so they would meet in the middle.
Here is where we changed the background piece as the first piece was way too busy. Miss 9 had fun flipping through the stack until she found this pattern and declared it perfect! I then cut a thin strip off  the end of a piece of green and white leafy pp from the same stack for our flower stems.
Miss 9 Chose the ribbon for the bow and I opened up some new stamps I received in the mail this week to create my sentiment. The die and stamps are from Whimsy Stamps. Stamps are Celebration Mini Tickets (I also have the Love Mini Tickets) and the die is the Mini Ticket Die. I stamped the two mini tickets with picked raspberries to tie it in with the rest of the card.

Hope you enjoyed my DT entry this fortnight. I have an exciting project that has been taking up a lot of my time lately to share really soon hopefully :)
Happy Scrappin'

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Design Team News and a Pirate Princess Card

Guess what! I am one of the new members of the Eclectic Ellapu Design team :) Wooohooooooo. This is my first design team and I am extremely excited :)
We have new challenges every Sunday. This weeks challenge is pink and black with a skull. I am on the purple team and we post every second week. So I didn't have to make a project for this week as we only just found out we were the lucky ones but I had an idea with some of my supplies and ran with it. The card is pretty basic but but I think it would be perfect for a pirate princess!
 All the dies I used on this card are from Lifestyle Crafts. Skull and Crossbones Punches, Nesting Squares and Nesting Squares (Rounded) and were cut with my Ebosser (love this machines sigh lol). I used Multi - Medium Matte to adhere the skull and crossbones and double sided tape under the pink and and small whites squares to add dimension.
Happy Scrappin'

Monday, 6 May 2013

Ahoy Matey with Mpress Journeys

After an extensive Google search that shows me nothing.... lol I am pretty sure the stamp set I have used for this card is Mpress Journeys. Unfortunately it seems like you can't get it anymore :( I eventually had the  brainwave to go check previous orders on the website where I bought it.
As you can see here the mat for the card was stamped with the map, then crumpled and flattened back out and distress ink added to the ridges and spritzed with water to move the colour around. Then a good amount of distress ink was added around the edges to add a border and the edges distressed with the Tim Holtz Distress Tool.
I stamped and fussy cut around the ship and lighthouse before distress inking around them. A little too much ink ended up on the lighthouse lol . . . I added these to the card with foam tape. I used two Lifetsyle Craft Nesting Labels dies and my Ebosser to create the mount for the sentiment. No I didn't miss stamp. That's how the sentiment is :P
I love this stamp set. Such a shame you can't get it anymore :( All the elements were stamped with Timber Brown Stazon onto white cs then distressed brown. Some elements came out a lil darker than I wanted but as this card is for a boy I figured he would hardly notice lol...
Happy Scrappin'

PS I have been posting from my stack of drafts as it has been school holidays and crafting has been on the down low. Should have some exciting new projects to share very soon :)