blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Tuesday 27 March 2012

12 Tags of 2012... March and... More Orange?


Hi all, slipping into my class blogs is my march tag/card. I figured I best get it done lol. Busy busy month so far and it's only going to get worse haha. I decided on flowers this month as I always do butterfly's! lol

I took my tattered florals die and punched 3 of the second smallest flower out of grungeboard. I should have used grungepaper as the board is not very malleable. . . Next Time! I cut itty bitty bits of three colourful papers (making sure to get the bright image in mmy bits) that to be honest I didn't really like. . . and used them for my mosaics. I used Hampton Art embossing powders from the brights in yellow, purple and red as my mosaic grout then covered the itty papers with glossy.


From the same tattered florals die I cut the smallest flower with a cut up soft drink can. I inked these with various alcohol inks then shaped into a more 3d shape. I glued them in the middle with glossy accents. I added some pearls I coloured with the same colours of inks to the centres of the flowers.

I used my ecraft to cut leaves from the fundamentals 1 sd card using old book pages. I inked the leaves with various colours of distress stain and then crumpled them into a little ball like I did for the 12 cards of christmas. I then uncrumpled and dried them and went back with my blending tool and darker colours of distress ink.



The yellow flower is adhered with glossy, the purple with 1 foam square and the red flower with 2 stacked foam squares. The background was done using a tim holtz sizzix embossing folder, the movers and shapers ornamental die and ripe persimmon distress ink and then all placed onto a creamy yellow card base edged with mustard seed distress ink.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple


PS The empty spaces top and bottom have been left so I can add a sentiment as required depending upon the occasion :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is fantastic. The flowers are beautiful and I love what you have done with the brick embossing folder. Fab project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous take on this months tag! My favorite part is the center of the flowers made from the pop cans. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Tabatha,
    this card is just amazing, I can't believe you made part of the flower with a soft drink can, very very clever. I love the colours as well and great idea to leave an area blank for a sentiment, I just love this card.

    I think you should enter this card in the moxiefab around the house challenge, mainly because you have used the soft drink bottle. If you want the details of the challenge let me know.

    Thanks so much for again for joining in on the Anything goes challenge at Just keep on creating.Keep em coming, I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unsure what that is... Glad you like the card. Hopefully you get some more traffic! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your flowers and your take on Tim's technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece! Those flowers are absolutely lovely and stand out great against the orange. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers came out beautiful. I love how you added the smaller flowers to the center to give it a relief sculpture look. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking this up to the Household Items Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tabatha,
    just letting you know that you are one of the featured artists for this card at Just keep on creating, I absolutely loved this card, such a great example of recycling. There is a badge you can display on your blog :).Hope all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete