blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Friday 25 November 2011

Purples Flirty Flowers

So as I was making the previous flowers I discovered by accident that you could get a lovely effect by letting water run up the flowers.

First step is to select the flowers you are going to use. Then colour the edges of the petals with distress stain or distress reinker. You cannot use a watered down version of the colours as this method will not work.

If you are using the stamp pad method you don't need to be precise, also don't add too much colour, especially if you are using a dark colour as this method will not be as effective.

Spritz your craft mat or a non porous surface with water, then place one petal of your flower at a time in the pool of water, holding the petal straight down so it's not laying in the water.

Another thing I learnt while I was doing this is that if you dry the back first the lighter colours will be on top, if you dry the top first it will be darker.

I think any dye ink will work for this method. Will have to give it a try in the next few days lol.


This above video shows how to colour and make my take on the prima madeiros flowers as well as my flirty flowers.
The following Video shows how to make the the centre for the dried marigold flower on the top right of the picture, which I am roses flowers I used and what colours and techniques I used on a bunch of flowers I have made.
Thanks for reading my blog, If you liked what you saw please leave a comment. Thanks
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment