blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 1 September 2013

Journal Page with Gelato's, Quickutz and Copics

 So I finalllly did another page in my Journal lol. Our Dt Challenge for the Purple team this fortnight is make the sentiment/saying the main focus of your project. Being an Aussie (pronounced like Ozzie), I have always adored Dorothea McKellar's My Country (click the link to read full poem). So that is what inspired this page :)
 First up I took brown and green Faber-Castell Gelatos and scribbled them randomly on the bottom half of my Journal page. As you can see I only used a hint of Green. The area I am depicting is a very dry and harsh part of central Australia. I then used blues and whites to do the sky. I used a waterbrush to soften and bled the colours together. Adding more colour as needed and blending that in.
 Unfortunately my printer has decided to give up the ghost so I had to ask my friend to print this, my favourite verse out for me.  I then cut each line into its own section with my KaiserCraft Cutter.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of rugged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains,
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror--
The wide brown land for me!"
 
 I used the Tim Holtz Core'dinations Distress CS pad to cut Uluru and some greenery using a Quickutz die from the Australia set. Love this set it also has Sydney Tower (I still call it Centrepoint in my head lol), a Koala and Kangaro, a slouch hat, a boomerang and the Aussie flag :) I love cutting with my ebosser :)
 After cutting the images I gave them a little sand and added some distress inks. Rusty Hinge for Uluru and Crushed Olive for the greenery.
I then decided I wanted to add some gradiated colour to the word strips with blue and green copics. I started with the darkest blue I wanted to use and worked to the lightest, then from he lightest green to the darkest. I am hoping the greens look a little better when they finish drying lol.
After adhering them to the page with tape ( I used a snail type and it wanted to rip the backs off the cs... That was fun lol ) I took a Distress Marker and added dashes around the word strips. I am thinking of adding some of those lil m shaped birds but am scared I will wreck it hehe. My handwriting and drawing is very bad lol.

Not only is my printer broken but so is my camera. At first the whole thing was wiggy but I reset it to factory defaults and most of it seems OK now except my HD video. It will take standard video but it's poor quality lol. Oh and I keep losing things. I have three rolls of tape on the go. . . Think I can find any?
Anyways Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment