I made a quick card tonight following my daughters instructions, she made a butterfly the same way I made butterflies in the previous post. We used a TPC studio stamp for the background. We inked it with Dazzle Versamark and then used Ranger Superfine Embossing Powder. We then used Distress Stains in the colour choices of my daughter in her designated areas. The flowers are Barn Door and Tumbled Glass, the foliage is done in Pine Needles and Forest Moss, The swirl is Mustard Seed and the background is Dried Marigold. The middle butterfly is the one miss 8 made and the other two are the ones I made the other night.
I learnt the technique for the background on stampyras youtube channel.
The Dragonfly I made is for a friends card. When I adhere it I will use repositional tape so that if she wants to repurpose it she can.. The dragonfly uses skeleton leaves, microbeads, marabou feathers, stickles, rhinestones and doublesided sticky sheets. I am thinking of making a joy fold card. With the same stamped image as above as the background. Just made with different distress stain colours for the most part.
I have been having a problem with the stickles flaking off. I think the reasons for that is I made this dragonfly quite large, big enough to hang over the edge of card if i don't angle it. Another reason is the stickles are quite brittle so any movement/bending of the wings and it chips off. I am thinking of doing a coating of Triple Thick over the micro beads before I stickle them next time... Or just make smaller dragonflies... and butterflies come to think of it :) lol Oh and yes I remembered after I shaped these that dragonfly wings are rouned. I am contemplating cutting off the pointy ends to make them rounded and restickling them :)
Anyways enough from me I must sleep. Need to finish the dragonfly card for saturday and I spend the day at my daughters school tomorrow so will need loads of energy to get it done! (will cheat and use ecraft for the measured cuts lol)