Wednesday, 26 October 2011

DIY Butterflies part 1

I have seen several great butterfly tutorials and so far I have tried two of them.
Tonight I created some butterflies from a youtube video I watched by CreativeKelly4rmCali

These butterflies are so easy to make. I threw some together on the spur of the moment.  All the flowers I used except for the top most pointy petal one are primas. The pointy petal one is from iamroses. The only requirement is that they be 5 petal flowers.

I misted all of them with my home made glimmer mists. The large black flower was actually a pp prima so I used black soot stain and black home made glimmer mist. I misted first but my mist wasn't dark enough so I grabbed my distress stain. I then painted with triple thick and set the rhinestones in it.

For the rest I used glossy accents to adhere the rhinestones. Please excuse my dingy craft mat lol. Well used :D

As you can see the glue on the purple one hasn't even finished drying :D I wanted to try out different shaped flowers. If I find more different styles i will try them too. So long as it's a 5 petal flower it should work...
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment