blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Saturday 29 October 2011

Joy Fold Card

I went with the joy fold card and after a few problems it's finally finished :). The first pic shows the inside of the card ready to be stamped with a sentiment. The top paper is from the Prima Romatique 6" pad and has been inked with Aged Mahogany and Bundled Sage.  
The background paper is only distressed with the Aged Mahogany distress ink and is from Kaisercraft 6" English Rose collection. I had to pull the top layer off twice to fix mistakes. I used the old heat the tape up trick to peel it off. First time I positioned the top layer too low. The second time i realised I had left the the paper layer off. OOPS!

The next picture shows the bottom of the front. This section will anchor the uppermost section down. I have again distressed the pp with bundled sage. The paper is again from the Prima Romantique collection.
The edge has been punched with a Fiskars edger punch. The bottom circle is edged wiith Bundled Sage and The top circle with Aged Mahogany. The flower is another iamroses rose coloured with homemade gimmer mist. The circle is attached with foam tape in the bottom corner to elevate it and make it easier to anchor the top section.



I decided it still looked a little too plain, so I added a sentiment that says May your day be bright as a flower. The one on the inside says Live well, Laugh Often, Love Much. The stamps are Boho Blooms from TPC Studio.
I had a little foible with the circle when I tried to reposition it so I added more flowers to cover a lil tear in the bottom corner and more flowers just because. They are all from I am roses.



The next pic shows the top layer of the card. I used another TPC Studio stampset, Secret Garden Collage, for the front. I used Aged  Mahogany, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage and Pine Needles Distress Stains to colour the image after clear embossing it. All the dimensions for this card are based on this  stamp so i didn't follow set measurements.














Phew finally done :). Just hope the person likes it and we are all good. I mounted the dragonfly with foam tape to make it easier to get off  if the person would like to reuse it on a page or somewhere else. I also shortened the dangles after I took this picture so they would sit better.
For more info on how to make this card google Joy Fold Card.




Happy Scrappin
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment