blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Thursday 26 January 2012

Purple Rain



Another day another journal page :) I started this one with a ceramcoat gesso background as the page before has sharpie on it that of course bled through.

I wanted to see what I could do with distress inks on gesso and still retain the colour. The colours came out muted but that's a lot to do with the technique. I covered the whole page with milled lavender first. I then used a makeup sponge to add seedless preserves around the edges. Using the same sponge I moved the colour around and pulled it towards the centre. I  repeated with dusty concord. I then repeated again with seedless preserves and dusty concord. Make sure it dries well before you do anything else as the colour wipes right off when wet.


Now if I was smart I would have used a fixative spray at this point lol. Anyhoo next time! I used a purple pitt Big Brush Marker to add some raindrops all over the page.

 I had a piece of cs that I had stamped off on with a fiskars cherry blossom background stamp. I had used some Windsor & Newton watercolour paints and shimmer spray to see how the cs would look and it looked pretty lol and because the cherry blossoms and been stamped with distress they ran a little.

So I took the cs and stamped my Blockheads Stamps faerie on it. I spritzed this with even more shimmer mist to make it run and bleed a little to fit in with the raining theme. I grabbed a tag from my KaiserCraft Magic Happens tags and stamped the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous sentiment near the flourish. I trimmed a little off the other end as it was too long. Again I spritzed with shimmer and let the words run a little.

I used a large Bella fabric flower and a smaller Prima daisy in the centre of this. both folded over. In hindsight I probably should have just cut them so they layered flatter. I used foam tape to tape my fairy down and pop her off the page a little, securing the tag behind her.

Then came the hard part. Well not hard just the bit that took the most time... I got my bling on and blinged over 150 1.5mm rhinestones all over the page with Multi-Medium Matte... Best glue ever! To make even more glistening raindrops.



If you have any questions about the techniques I will do my best to answer :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

P.S Wouldn't this make an adorable card? I am going to make one for a girl's birthday this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment