Eclectic Ellapu for the Purples this time is Birthdays with Butterflies. If You didn't guess I picked that one ;) Not many pics this week as that's just too much work switching constantly between pad n lappy lol.
So because I just got my Inktense pencils and some new spellbinders dies I thought I would combine the two. The dies I used are In'spire Celebration and Flutter Tree D'lites. For a full list of suplies look in the labels. The copious amounts of cutting were done in my Ebosser.
1. Cut 6 sets of trees, butterflies and sentiments from plain cs
2. Stamp background and then position tree and sentiment, die cut
3. Colour the background with a watercolour medium ( I used my new inktense set squeal), I hadnt kept my middle tree pieces but I decided the finished card needed them and went a hunting lol. Next time I will make sure to colour these at the same time too.
4. Glue the 6 trees together plus the stamped tree, glue 3 sentiments plus the stamped one together.
5. Once you have trimmed your background cut a card base to measure and then go over the edges of the base and background with white Adirondack Paint Dabber
6. Adhere background to base and then add the tree and sentiment.
7. The butterfly dies join two together at a time so what I did for these was turn my stamp stamp side up and work out roughly where I wanted the butterflies and pressed them onto the stamp then matched up the lines on the background.
The inspiration for this card came from one Jennifer McGuire posted on her blog a few months ago. She only used a sentiment but I thought this is so cool it could work with anything :)