blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Monday 12 December 2011

12 Cards of Christmas T!m Holtz Style Card 4



Well i have completed cards four, five and six. Six is a headache because I do not like it so I am sure I will change it lol. This is my inspiration for card four from T!m.



Card 4


Well this one took me a while to make. Lots of layers and small steps lol. So bear with me and we will get this show on the road.

Ok so first I took some clear packaging (from lifestyle craft dies) and used it with my Sizzix On The Edge Scrollwork die.


Then I used some Snow Cap paint dabber to define the edges a little bit and added a thin strip of double sided tape for later.


Using my Ecraft I used a christmas tree svg I already had and added the number 25 to it in SCAL 3, I cut it out of grungepaper. I forgot to take the blade cap off so forgive the ragedy edges lol.


I covered the tree in Peeled Paint Distress Stain then went around the edges with Pine Needles. I added some     Brushed Corduroy to the stump but decided it was too light and went over it with Walnut Stain. To add a teeny bit of sparkle I brushed on some interference red Pearl-Ex.


I grabbed my jar oof Rock Candy crackle paint and generously covered the tree with it and set aside to dry for a good long while.


I then started on my background. Using Pine Needles, fired Brick and Picket Fence Distress Stains I laid a generous amount down on my craft sheet. I sprayed my cardstock with water and then dragged it through the colours.


I used a flourish stamp from See Dee's Monarch set and Picket Fence Distress Stain to stamp some flourish's on my background.


I then used various Fiskars stamps from the Vintage Christmas set with Pine Needles and Fired Brick Distress Stains. Some of the stamps are missing as my daughter has been using them for her christmas cards lol.


I distressed the edges of my background first with Pine Needles, then with Fired brick.


Once the tree had crackled I removed the excess from around the edges and from inside the number. I grabbed a small piece of Kaisercraft paper and glued it behind the numbers. I then filled the numbers in with glossy accents. I cannot tell you how many times I had to fix it because it got bumped or I stuck my fingers in it accidentally. Ended up moving it to a nice safe spot lol.


I set that aside to dry overnight and started card five lol. Once thhe tree was dry I found a metal star in my stash, I think it's from Making Memories. I used Metallic Gold mixative to colour the star.


I then grabbed a metal stocking and present from the same Making Memories set and dropped some Alcohol Ink onto them. I used Watermelon on the stocking and Bottle on the present. I added some red seed beads to the christmas tree and foam squares to the back. I added all the elements to the card and bent the plastic border to give it dimension.


Another complete card. Yay! Hope you like this one. It took a lot of effort and I had a few misshaps allong  the way lol.
Merry Christmas and Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment