Wednesday, 28 December 2011

12 Cards of Christmas T!m Holtz Style Card 9

So here is card 9... Almost there.. Chugga Chuggin along lol. I had to change this up a bit as I don't have these Tim things lol. I even used my seedless preserves. Yummy! Lots of eCraft cutting going on in this card :) Got to love my purpleberry! So here is T!ms tag and my inspiration...

Card 9

Well I don't have the stamp Tim used or the dies so I decided that I would do a similar design to his using what I have. I think of all my cards this is the one that closest resembles his tag.

I started by using my fiskars stamp, sorry cannot remember the name at the moment lol, I stamped with Seedless Preserves from the autumn set (I had to sneak it in somewhere or my name isn't purple!!!), then covered with Ranger Superfine Embossing Powder.

Next up I grabbed my Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and my Distress Ink tool and covered the whole page. As we have already embossed the purple it acts as a resist. I then dumped more embossing powder over and heated with my heat tool. I love this technique so much I think I want to try it some more!

I then went on a mad hunt through my svg's to find one to use. I found a different lamp post to the one I used on card 7 but some of the lines were so thin they just did not cut properly. So I gave up on that idea and found a candlestick and candle instead. I love SCAL 3 for the fact I can ungroup images and hide some til I want to use them! Unfortunately I did not label svg's as I downloaded them so my free ones I have no idea where they came from :( Thanks to whoever designed the candle and candlestick svg I used. Below is the image I wanted to use :(

I opened the file in SCAL 3 and hid the base to cut the candle out of white cs, I then unhid the base and hid the candle and cut this out of black cs. I had tried a red candle but it just wasn't working.

I grabbed a recollections star and flourish stamp from the merry merry set and stamped my candle with Festive Berries. I embossed this with Ranger superfine and then glued to my base with Glossy Accents.

I grabbed a flower I had made when I was working on card 1. This Poinsettia is red and I have painted over it with Triple Thick to give it that nice shiny effect. I cut more leaves using Fundamentals 1 on my ecraft. The Poinsettia has yellow seed beeds in the middle and is made the same way as in Card 1.

With my pastel Bic Permanent markers i coloured in a piece of scrap shrinkies I cut in the shape of a flame and shrunk it with my heat tool.

I glued the flame down with glossy and the added little drops of glossy to the wreath I had leftover from cards 3 and 5. I then added red seed beads to take away the plainness.

I chose a font in SCAL3 and cut the word Christmas out of black cs. I adhered it to my card and covered in Glossy Accents. After I added the glossy I set this aside to dry in a warm spot for a while.

So once the card dried and I replaced the seed bead that had fallen off.... Card 9 was finished. As I said before this one is the closest to T!m's that I made. I really have tried to make mine somewhat different :)

Hope you are enjoying my 12 cards so far :) the people that are receiving them are loving them at least :) Please leave a message and a link to your blog iff you are enjoying my cards!
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment