blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Papermania Midnight Fairytale Card



I recently saw these fairy stamps and fell in instant love with them! They are so pretty and great for colouring in with my Faber Castell Markers. they are Papermania Midnight Fairytale clear acrylic stamps.

I first stamped my image with Timber Brown Stazon. I chose brown as it softens into the image more, it's a  less harsh look in my opinion.


I then coloured the image with both Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens and Big Brush Markers. I used a couple of techniques. First I straight coloured my image. For some reason I always start with the skin. I used the artist pen for this. I found that if I did a small section then pulled/blended the colour down I ended up with less streaks.

Once I coloured all the skin and it was dry I then went back with the same colour and added shadows with the same marker.i used my finger to again pull the colour and blend it in. I worked in very small sections so the colour was still very wet when I blended. Her face is a little dark because I went over it two times. But it was late and this was my umpteenth go at colouring her in.

Because the dress is a large area I used a big brush marker for this section to minimise streaking, again blending as I went. I added shadows and the flower details with the same maker.

The rest is done with the pitt artist pens as most is fine detail work and my hands are just not steady enough to
colour these with the big brush markers.


The technique I used on her wings was to go over the stamped lines with my chosen colour one line at a time, then pull the colour down into the wings. This gives a nice translucent effect. After I fussy cut my fairy out I used home made glimmer glaze over the wings ( Reeves Iridescent medium, spritz of water, multi-medium gloss, spun sugar reinker).

On a white cs base I added polka dot paper from the KaiserCarft 6" Candly Lane stack. I then used a lovely floral stripe paper from the Authentique uncommon 6" stack that I had cut with my Lifestyle Crafts largest nesting frames die. I used foam tape to add my fairy onto this.

I then grabbed some I Am Roses flowers and coloured them with the two main shades of Faber castell markers I had used. I worked quickly, one flower at a time, to colour the edges and then mist with home made pearl mist (pearl ex on macro pearl, micro pearl and pearl white, water and a few drops of glossy accents).

I added my flowers to the card with glossy accents. I used the stems from some of the flowers to make twizzles to finish off the card.


Hope you like my card. thanks for looking :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment