blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Friday 8 March 2013

A Special Delivery In Shades of Green


I started off with this cute Penny Johnson stamp called A Special Delivery which I stamped in Jet Black Archival on Neenah Solar White cs.
He is coloured using greens and a hint of yellow in there for good measure lol. The colours I used are Green Gold #268 for his hair, Light Yellow Glaze #104 for his shoes, Leafy Green #112 for his jacket and hat, Dark Phthalo Green #264 for his jacket trim, hat bill and shoes, Light Green #171 for the teeny bit of his shirt that is showing and May Green #170 for his pants. His face is Light Flesh #132. I used the same colours for the presents with some Light Phthalo Green #162 added in as well. The puppy is coloured in Raw Umber #180. I coloured the dog using short strokes to try and add some texture to the dog, didn't quite work out though lol. Colouring is a huge learning curve!
For this background I used my stampamajig to position the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous numbers stamp from the Fairytale Frenzy set. I used my markers again (was wishing I had taken my Big Brush markers to my friends that day lol) to colour the stamp, then misted with water before stamping the first one. As I was using the pitt artists pens on a pretty hot day the ink dried out pretty fast on the first one. Thank goodness for my stampamajig! Had to stamp it three times lol. But I learnt after the first one colour fast and mist extra!
I mounted each layer onto some green swirly and shimmery cs  picked up from a local cheapy shop. Then mounted the whole lot on a white cs card base slightly smaller than the green as I liked how it looked without an extra white border. I actually coloured him twice as the first time the green went a little onto the yellow star. So I was going to cut a star and foam tape it but silly me stamped on the original image :( lol.
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

6 comments:

  1. what a fun card!! thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what an adorable card!! I love, love, love that number "wallpaper" you created! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple: Your green card is beautiful. Thank you for joining in our St. Patrick's [or Green} Challenge at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us Eclectics.
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image and love your bg paper. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete