I have been a bit slack lately in doing the 12 tags, but this month I decided to give it a go even though I don't have most of the supplies Tim used lol. All good improvisation is my thing ;) First up I don't have the rabbit so I used my movers and shapers butterflies in the ornamental die from some DCWV paper. Then I edged it in some Frayed Burlap distress ink. Next instead of the sheet of tape I just laid strips of regular tape across my cs. I didn't have tinsel so I used wool for that soft fluffy feel. I learnt after covering the first butterfly to only take one strip of tape backing off at a time to keep it nice and sticky!
I don't have the tapered fringe die, but I do have the Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors so I grabbed some green Craft Core and got chopping. Then I sanded with my sanding block and added some frayed burlap. I made two layers this way.
From the same DCWV stack I grabbed a piece of paper to use as y background, as I had used a busy one around the butterflies I opted for one with a minimal pattern. The paper was no where near the colour I wanted so I added loads of ink around the edges. I started with Tumbled Glass followed by Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and finally Frayed Burlap for the grungy look.
Next I added some crinkle ribbon my sister got me as a present. It was pre-coloured so I just added some frayed burlap over the blue to tone it down a little. I tied the ribbon on and added that layer to the base with foam tape anywhere I could fit it around the woolly pieces and then added my "grass."
I don't have the metal foliage pieces so as I was doing a larger format than a tag I thought I would use a drink can (soda can) and cut it with the movers and shapers florals. I wasn't happy with the size of one of the flowers so I cut some smallest ones from the tattered florals die. I used my fingers to shape each petal. For the smaller one I cut a small slit in between each petal first.
I don't have the new paints yet but they are so on my want list, right at the top! I used the Adirondack Dabbers instead. For the largest flower I used a combination of Pool, Aqua and Clover, the middle is Sunset Orange with white and the brad is Sunshine Yellow (I am in the middle of an argument with the yellow as it was almost solid!).
For this flower I used a combination of Pink Sherbet and Aqua. and then the middle is the same as before. To turn the flowers into pins I added 2" pins to the back with glossy accents. I laid the pointy ends on a foam blending pad as a pillow to keep the pins in the right spot while they dried.
I cut the banner free hand as again I don't have the die. I stamped a flourish from Stampers Anonymous on the banner with tumbled glass. I then took my blending tool and used colours over the banner in the same order I did the outside piece. I stamped a sentiment from Mpress and then added some foam tape behind the middle part and double sided tape at the ends and stuck it at the top of my panel.
I then mounted the whole lot on a white card base the same size as the panel. I didn't want the card base to show so when I cut my panel I made it card front size (saves having to decide what colour card will be showing around the edges lol). Anyway that's my take on this months challenge, I hope you liked it :)
I am entering this at the following challenges;
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Joyful Stamper - Anything Goes
Tim Holtz - 12 Tags of 2013
Eclectic Ellapu - Child
613 Avenue - Bingo - Brads/Free/Ribbon
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes