Saturday, 26 October 2013

Mayzyarts Digi Jareth With a Little Creative Chemistry

Well it was my sisters birthday last week and so I had this digi from MayzyArts for a while now and I knew I wanted to use it when I made her card. If you click the link it takes you right to the digi :). I should have made it bigger than I did to make it a little easier to colour lol. I am a newbie with my copics so small bits are a real challenge. Also learning to colour a bit slower lol. I added some Atyou Spica to the blue in the cape for some sparkle and to make it look a bit mottled. On the upside this fit right in with my DT's theme this week!  Inspired by a movie  at Eclectic Ellapu.
Anyway I coloured Jareth with a combination of Copics and Promarkers (mostly copics except or the greys don't ow a lot of darker copic greys yet!). Funnily enough I didn't really have the colours I wanted to use in either so made do with what I had lol.
Then I went through two full sheets of glossy cardstock trying to get the background just right lol. I used a technique from Creative Chemistry 102. I then stamped some stars in platinum stazon from various stamp sets.
I used the regular pouncing technique with the same colours for the second piece to give it a bit of contrast and cut a piece of star dream paper to add a little shimmer and sparkle.
I used another CC102 technique to colour the various Idea-ology pieces. I really learnt a lot from these classes. Way more than I learnt in CC101 lol.
I stamped my sentiment onto one of my rejected background pieces using stazon, and then used a lifestyle crafts labels die to cut around it. I had to try to be very precise as there was only a little corner of the piece that had the colours I wanted on it lol. I then cut a piece of plain cs as a mat and went around it with B00 and then chipped sapphire distress ink.
To assemble the card I adhered everything with doublesided tape except the sentiment, that has foam tape, and the idea-ology pieces are adhered with Matte Accents (I added ribbon to the key). I added some pearls that I coloured with B18 to match the card. I added a layer of glossy accents to the crystal ball and when that dried I added another layer for dimension :)

I have to say this card was a huge challenge for me to make. I especially didn't want to delve into the darker greys and blacks too much as I thought this might make everything rather manish and as the card was for my sister I didn't want that lol. It took me three or four days of serious work to get this one done! I will add the colours I used when I find the list haha!
Happy Scrappin'


  1. Gorgeous! So much has gone in to this, and I love every detail. And great subject too... I adore Bowie, and this was one of my favourite movies as a teen. x

  2. What a wonderful project! It really captures the theme of the movie. The colors and accents are awesome! Way to go teamie!