blinkie

CraftyCrafter

Sunday 18 March 2012

Spellbinders Butterfly Cards

I have a pile of cs offcuts my sister got me from a recycle shop. They are nice and thick and semi gloss on one side. I love using them with my Spellbinders and Lifestyle Crafts dies. They make great shaped cards as the cs is thick enough it will emboss the edges as it runs through as well.

Recently I was at my friends house and wanted to show her a couple of techniques to make cards with the thin dies. I showed her two ways. My first card was made by cutting two of the one shape and then about 2cm from the top of the back one I scored a line. In this small 2cm section is the only place you add adhesive and then you stick the top piece over that and line up your shapes. This allows your card to flip open.


The card was made with the Fiskars It's Your Day rubber cling stamp set. I used the flower stamps and Barn Door distress ink and stamped off on a scrap before stamping on my card. I then stamped my images and fussy cut them. The sentiment is stamped onto a lifestyle crafts labels die. The images were adhered with foam tape for dimension.

For the next card I pre-folded the cardstock and carefully laid the die on cs making sure the folded section was just inside the top of the wings. I have also made a card with this die as a side opening card instead of a top opening card. You can just see in the pic that the top of the wings are flat from the folds. 


I stamped the back of the card in milled lavender distress stain with a recollections butterfly stamp. I then took the same stamp and stamped again on white cs and fussy cut around it. I used the medium spellbinders butterfly to cut a piece of Prima pp. The sentiment is from Fiskars Butterfly Magic. The rose is from I Am Roses and inked with milled lavender distress stain and then sprayed with homemade shimmer mist.

I really love shaped cards. I have recently started seeing what images I can use with my ecraft to make them. My last blog was a doily card I made with the ecraft :)
Happy Scrappin'
Purple

This has been entered into the simon says stamps and show challenge

2 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL card and thsnks for sharing how you made it!!

    thanks BUNCES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!
    (I don't see that you mentioned Simon Says Stamp and Show anywhere in your post...wanted to give you a heads up that in order to be in the running for your $50 gift card you need to mention/link SSSS!!) Thanks TONS for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, will fix that and remember it in future!

      Delete